Rifts Subforums Inquiry

This is the place for off-topic conversations and friendly chatter. Try to stay at least a little on topic just so we don't kill bandwidth for the other forums.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

Gordon
Seasoned

Rifts Subforums Inquiry

#1 Postby Gordon » Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:13 pm

Hey Jodi,

Now that Rifts for Savage Worlds has been voted (amazingly quickly) into existence are there plans on creating a sub forum or perhaps a forum group like Deadlands? I'm not sure how your License Agreement would work with that...

I can understand (completely) that Palladium may want that on their forums, but it'd be nice to at least have links to and from the Megaversal Forums for general Canon and Storyline questions, but actual gaming crunch at the respective system's websites.

I know you're swamped, but if this is feasable one or two new boards: maybe "Rifts - Rules Questions", "Rifts - General" maybe even a "Rifts - Fan Made Adventures" (just brainstorming)

Again, congrats on the success for both Palladium and Pinnacle!

The_Question ?
Novice

Re: Rifts Subforums Inquiry

#2 Postby The_Question ? » Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:17 am

you have a sub-forum with a title of Rifts in it, PB would probably come after the forum, seriously they are persnickity like that, Kevin is highly protective of his copyrights and IP and such.

blackwingedheaven
Seasoned

#3 Postby blackwingedheaven » Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:15 am

The_Question ? wrote:you have a sub-forum with a title of Rifts in it, PB would probably come after the forum, seriously they are persnickity like that, Kevin is highly protective of his copyrights and IP and such.

You do get that Rifts is a licensed Savage Setting now, right? Pinnacle clearly has the rights to discuss Savage Rifts related stuff on their own forums.

Whether or not a Rifts-specific subforum is actually useful in the long run is another matter, though.
"Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is an absurd one." -Voltaire

pkitty
Seasoned

#4 Postby pkitty » Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:42 pm

I think that's a sensible idea. I understand not wanting to go down a slippery slope where every setting gets its own board -- but Rifts is rather a special case, coming with lots of history, a hundred or so previous sourcebooks, etc. I think it's "big enough" to warrant at least a single dedicated "Savage Rifts" forum.
Fan of Deadlands, quickly becoming a fan of Savage Rifts.
My Savage Rifts house rules, resources, and sample characters.

Gordon
Seasoned

#5 Postby Gordon » Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:24 am

pkitty wrote:I think that's a sensible idea. I understand not wanting to go down a slippery slope where every setting gets its own board -- but Rifts is rather a special case, coming with lots of history, a hundred or so previous sourcebooks, etc. I think it's "big enough" to warrant at least a single dedicated "Savage Rifts" forum.

Welcome to the PEG forum, pkitty--assuming you're the same fellow from the sjgames forums, if so I look forward to your insights!

pkitty
Seasoned

#6 Postby pkitty » Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:57 pm

Gordon wrote:Welcome to the PEG forum, pkitty--assuming you're the same fellow from the sjgames forums, if so I look forward to your insights!

Yep; I'm PK on the SJ Games forums, short for PK Levine, one of the GURPS folks. And I'm glad to see these forums seem to be as friendly and productive as ours! :)
Fan of Deadlands, quickly becoming a fan of Savage Rifts.
My Savage Rifts house rules, resources, and sample characters.

Gordon
Seasoned

#7 Postby Gordon » Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:01 pm

Yep played GURPS for years, then war gaming (40k, warmahordes), then fell in love with Savage Worlds 3 years ago and got back into role playing :)

finarvyn
Novice

#8 Postby finarvyn » Fri Sep 16, 2016 5:19 am

pkitty wrote:I think that's a sensible idea. I understand not wanting to go down a slippery slope where every setting gets its own board -- but Rifts is rather a special case, coming with lots of history, a hundred or so previous sourcebooks, etc. I think it's "big enough" to warrant at least a single dedicated "Savage Rifts" forum.

Actually, I'd be happier if each setting had its own board. That way I can check out the sections I want and ignore the ones I don't play yet. 8)
Finarvyn
Lord of Amber
Earl of Stone Creek, C&C Society
RPG Player Since 1975

Return to “The Break Room”