Mutant Chronicles 3rd Edition Core Book Savage Worlds Edition

Discussion of products from third-party companies licensed to produce SW products. Company specific threads should be marked with their name in brackets.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

ValhallaGH
Legendary

Re: Mutant Chronicles 3rd Edition Core Book Savage Worlds Edition

#21 Postby ValhallaGH » Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:33 am

1. No. Having the "Auto" note means that the weapon can be fired in semi-automatic mode (allowing single shots, Double Tap, and Rapid Attack).
page 54, Gear wrote:Auto: This full-auto weapon may fire in automatic (single shot) mode.

That's come up a lot on these forums. The continuing confusion over that is one of the big reasons that the Science-Fiction Compaion doesn't use the Auto note, only using Semi-Auto.
page 55, Gear wrote:Semi-Auto: The weapon fires on semi-auto and can take advantage of the double-tap rules (page 81).

2. RoF 1 is a single-shot weapon. RoF 2+ indicates that the weapon follows the full-auto fire rules. A RoF 3 shotgun is a full-auto shotgun, a machine gun firing shotgun shells. It follows all the normal full-auto rules, while also having +2 to Shooting and Damage that starts at three dice (for Short range) and reduces one die per range increment to one die at Long range.
"Got a problem? I've got the solution: Rocket Launcher."
"Not against a Servitor."
"... We're all gonna die."

Shadow Walker
Novice

#22 Postby Shadow Walker » Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:46 am

So every weapon with ''Auto'' in ''Notes'' should change it to ''Semi-auto''? They should really make it clear in next rules version then. Thanks for help :)

ValhallaGH
Legendary

#23 Postby ValhallaGH » Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:55 am

You're welcome.

They probably will change it with the next major core rules update (and they may have one in the next two years or so ... it's been long enough and they're accumulating enough changes and tweaks) but the clarity is in the book. It's not as intuitive as it should be, but it is there.
"Got a problem? I've got the solution: Rocket Launcher."
"Not against a Servitor."
"... We're all gonna die."

Legate71
Veteran

#24 Postby Legate71 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:26 pm

Shadow Walker wrote:So every weapon with ''Auto'' in ''Notes'' should change it to ''Semi-auto''? They should really make it clear in next rules version then. Thanks for help :)

No. All the weapons that have the "Auto" note are fully automatic weapons.

Shadow Walker
Novice

#25 Postby Shadow Walker » Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:21 am

Legate71 wrote:
Shadow Walker wrote:So every weapon with ''Auto'' in ''Notes'' should change it to ''Semi-auto''? They should really make it clear in next rules version then. Thanks for help :)

But if every weapon with RoF 2 and more is an automatic weapon - ''Automatic weapons (those with an RoF of 2 or higher)...'' page 79 from SWDEE - so why additionally show it in Notes? ValhallaGH is right, S-F Companion uses new system = no Auto in Notes, replaced with Semi-Auto.

Legate71
Veteran

#26 Postby Legate71 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:43 am

Shadow Walker wrote:
Legate71 wrote:

But if every weapon with RoF 2 and more is an automatic weapon - ''Automatic weapons (those with an RoF of 2 or higher)...'' page 79 from SWDEE - so why additionally show it in Notes? ValhallaGH is right, S-F Companion uses new system = no Auto in Notes, replaced with Semi-Auto.

You would have to ask the people over at Mod why they used that particular notification. Even the weapons list in the core book uses the "Auto" notation.

Ryche
Veteran

#27 Postby Ryche » Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:50 pm

Legate71 wrote:
Shadow Walker wrote:
Legate71 wrote:

You would have to ask the people over at Mod why they used that particular notification. Even the weapons list in the core book uses the "Auto" notation.

No actually Auto means the weapon may fire in single shot mode as well as automatic. Any weapon that has a ROF2+ must use auto fire (and there for expending more ammo and suffering the -2), unless the weapon also has the Auto tag which lets it fire single shot (or in semi-auto).

From the SW core book, on the Auto quality: This full-auto weapon may fire in automatic (single shot) mode.

Semi-Auto would be a better descriptor to avoid the confusion, like they did with the SFC, however they probably stuck with auto to match the core rule book.

Legate71
Veteran

#28 Postby Legate71 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:49 pm

Ryche wrote:
Legate71 wrote:
Shadow Walker wrote:But if every weapon with RoF 2 and more is an automatic weapon - ''Automatic weapons (those with an RoF of 2 or higher)...'' page 79 from SWDEE - so why additionally show it in Notes? ValhallaGH is right, S-F Companion uses new system = no Auto in Notes, replaced with Semi-Auto.

No actually Auto means the weapon may fire in single shot mode as well as automatic. Any weapon that has a ROF2+ must use auto fire (and there for expending more ammo and suffering the -2), unless the weapon also has the Auto tag which lets it fire single shot (or in semi-auto).

From the SW core book, on the Auto quality: This full-auto weapon may fire in automatic (single shot) mode.

Semi-Auto would be a better descriptor to avoid the confusion, like they did with the SFC, however they probably stuck with auto to match the core rule book.

Hmm, having re-read it...yes, it is rather confusing isn't it. I'll have to check the rule in the SFC to see the difference later.

Shadow Walker
Novice

#29 Postby Shadow Walker » Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:47 pm

MC3SW file has been updated. It now has a Conversion Guide from 2d20 to SW. 12 pages that allow for easy conversion for most 2d20 things.

steelbrok
Veteran

#30 Postby steelbrok » Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:34 pm

Shadow Walker wrote:MC3SW file has been updated. It now has a Conversion Guide from 2d20 to SW. 12 pages that allow for easy conversion for most 2d20 things.

The seaparate conversion guide is there in backerkit but the Savage MC3 file still shows a July date

Shadow Walker
Novice

#31 Postby Shadow Walker » Sat Dec 24, 2016 5:16 am

steelbrok wrote:
Shadow Walker wrote:MC3SW file has been updated. It now has a Conversion Guide from 2d20 to SW. 12 pages that allow for easy conversion for most 2d20 things.

The seaparate conversion guide is there in backerkit but the Savage MC3 file still shows a July date

I am not a backer. I read on DriveTruRPG that the file was updated on 13 December and after that I checked my order from Modiphius shop (I bought it there). It was not updated so I wrote to them and they sent me a link to download so I guess that now it should be updated there too.

Legate71
Veteran

#32 Postby Legate71 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:50 pm

Has anyone tried converting the 2d20 material over to SW using the Conversion Guide. Overall I think the CG is well put together. However, the conversion rules for things like Iconic Life Paths seem a little arbitrary.

Return to “SW Licensees”