Posts in English Error?

If you are having a problem with the forum and need assistance, post here.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

Ndreare
Seasoned

Posts in English Error?

#1 Postby Ndreare » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:37 am

A user is having trouble posting and keeps getting the error "Only posts in English are allowed for administrative purposes" even though he is posting in English. Is this a known issue or is there something he can do?

Khaalis
Novice

Re: Posts in English Error?

#2 Postby Khaalis » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:04 am

Thanks for posting this. This is a test to see if I can even reply.

Khaalis
Novice

#3 Postby Khaalis » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:09 am

Ok, I was able to post my topic finally. It must have been something going on with the forums during the night. Either that or I needed to Reply to a post before I could post a new thread.
Thanks for the help.

ValhallaGH
Legendary

#4 Postby ValhallaGH » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:11 am

It is an error encountered by others, including myself.
Generally, the problem is formatting of urls, punctuation, or similar symbols. I won't speculate why this happens, but it does.
"Got a problem? I've got the solution: Rocket Launcher."
"Not against a Servitor."
"... We're all gonna die."

Griffin
Novice

#5 Postby Griffin » Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:04 am

I am getting the same thing as well

Clint
Site Admin

#6 Postby Clint » Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:26 pm

Typically, this issue occurs when text is written off forum then cut and pasted into the forum. The two programs don't translate symbols and punctuation exactly the same, which comes through as a different "language" on the forums.

Sometimes, Notepad can be used as a "universal translator" by pasting the text first into Notepad; then re-copy the text from it and paste to the forums. Of course, just typing into Nopepad from the beginning works as well, skipping the extra step. For example, I typed this paragraph into Notepad, then copied to the forums and it accepted all this punctuation fine! That clear? <<< Mostly there just to test the question mark. ;)
Clint Black
Savage Worlds Core Rules Brand Manager

www.peginc.com

Griffin
Novice

#7 Postby Griffin » Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:05 am

Clint wrote:Typically, this issue occurs when text is written off forum then cut and pasted into the forum. The two programs don't translate symbols and punctuation exactly the same, which comes through as a different "language" on the forums.

Sometimes, Notepad can be used as a "universal translator" by pasting the text first into Notepad; then re-copy the text from it and paste to the forums. Of course, just typing into Nopepad from the beginning works as well, skipping the extra step. For example, I typed this paragraph into Notepad, then copied to the forums and it accepted all this punctuation fine! That clear? <<< Mostly there just to test the question mark. ;)

Hey Clint, to clarify, the following was my post that flagged the system. All I had to do was a remove a "-" after Sherwood (third Question, second line), and the post was fine. i have no idea why the system would flag the post just for that. Maybe you can duplicate it and see what happens...

Hi everyone,

I am thinking about starting a new game using the Savage World rules, that is set in a medieval light magic setting that I have run in before (actually almost 20 years). My campaigns are a little unusual in that they can go on for years at a time, and they tend to be low fantasy (think Game of Thrones, Briar King, or Deryni), and I have a few questions because I have never run Savage Worlds before. I was hoping that some of the more knowledgeable members of the board might be able to give me some suggestions and answer a few questions.

1) How suitable is SW for long term play?
With only 5 ranks of skill development, it appears that long term development seems to lie in the acquisition of Edges. Is it possible to have diverse and experienced characters with 100+ sessions without seriously tweaking EXP awards?

2)Suggested Books?
Currently, I have the Deluxe Explorer's edition and Daring tales of Chivalry in book form, and PDFs of Deluxe Explorer's, Fantasy Companion, Super-Hero Companion, Horror Companion, and Sherwood The Legend of Robin Hood. Should I get anything else?

3) Has a freeform Magic System been developed?
The world I have created traditionally has a freeform magic system, where Those few that possess the gift can create their own effects on the fly, if they are powerful enough. Is there an expansion that supports this? I saw a super-sorcery power in the Super-hero companion, but I am not sure if this is the best solution.

Thanks!

Return to “General Forum Assistance”