Fire trapping

This is the topic for asking questions about how the core rules officially work. Only the official answer guys can reply in this topic. Please read the rules in the first thread.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

Willio
Novice

Fire trapping

#1 Postby Willio » Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:50 pm

If a caster takes the fire trapping on bolt to add AP 2 for the cost of an additional power point and casts multiple bolts on his turn is the extra point applied to each bolt (costing a mage 6 PP to cast three AP2 bolts )? I am thinking this is the case but I am just clarifying.

Thanks for your help.

Clint
Site Admin

Re: Fire trapping

#2 Postby Clint » Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:29 pm

Willio wrote:If a caster takes the fire trapping on bolt to add AP 2 for the cost of an additional power point and casts multiple bolts on his turn is the extra point applied to each bolt (costing a mage 6 PP to cast three AP2 bolts )? I am thinking this is the case but I am just clarifying.

Yep. It increases the "base cost" which is 1 PP for Bolt increased to 2. Casting multiple bolts then requires "spending a like amount of Power Points," so 2 PPs per bolt.

Note that increased damage specifically says the cost the 2 PPs, a change to the base cost, so adding AP to it would make the cost 3 PPs.

Hope that helps.
Clint Black
Savage Worlds Core Rules Brand Manager

www.peginc.com

Return to “Official Answers on How the Core Rules Work”