[ETU] I love it when a plan comes together!

Information and comments on all Pinnacle original Savage Settings plus our genre-based Companions. Please note the product with an abbreviation in the Subject line (ex. [FC] for Fantasy Companion, [NE] for Necessary Evil, and so on). Note: Deadlands has its own forum below as do licensed settings.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

The Dead Ranger
Seasoned

[ETU] I love it when a plan comes together!

#1 Postby The Dead Ranger » Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:22 pm

Tonight was the first session this year of my ETU campaign. As usual, I had prepped something for the group to do, but I didn't get to run what I'd planned.

Instead, my group decided they wanted to talk through what they had learned and to try and assemble the puzzle pieces they had gathered.

As a GM, it was amazing to watch my players assemble the disparate pieces of information they had gathered over the campaign thus far (they're in the second half of their Junior year currently), and to find they are indeed paying attention and are remaining enthusiastic over a campaign that started in October of 2015.

Moments like this are one of the main reasons I love running games.
John W. Thompson

"If everyone's having fun, then you're doing it right."

Bobble
Seasoned

Re: [ETU] I love it when a plan comes together!

#2 Postby Bobble » Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:39 am

Congrats! That's when you know you're doing it right. :D

DMbobby
Seasoned

#3 Postby DMbobby » Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:49 am

I love when that happens. About to restart my campaign from a long hiatus myself and hoping similar events unfold.
New blog up and running, http://gmtable.blogspot.com/ Reviews, adventures, tips and tricks for GMs

Legate71
Veteran

#4 Postby Legate71 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:47 pm

So, your players actually just sat around the table to discuss what was happening, like the characters would? That is amazing! I wish my group could be that reflective in any of their games.

The Dead Ranger
Seasoned

#5 Postby The Dead Ranger » Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:56 pm

Legate71 wrote:So, your players actually just sat around the table to discuss what was happening, like the characters would? That is amazing! I wish my group could be that reflective in any of their games.

Yep, that's exactly what they did. Though it was over Skype instead of around a table.

I also found out that one of my players has 24 pages of notes that she's accumulated since the campaign started.

I'm a very proud GM. :D
John W. Thompson

"If everyone's having fun, then you're doing it right."

Prest0
Seasoned

#6 Postby Prest0 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:57 pm

Dude, that's awesome. It sounds like a great group of players led by a great GM. Keep up the good work!
Preston P. DuBose
12 to Midnight

Enroll today at East Texas University.

Return to “SW Pinnacle Original Settings & Companions”