[SPC2] True Shapechanger

Information and comments on all Pinnacle original Savage Settings plus our genre-based Companions. Please note the product with an abbreviation in the Subject line (ex. [FC] for Fantasy Companion, [NE] for Necessary Evil, and so on). Note: Deadlands has its own forum below as do licensed settings.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

chiefarchon
Novice

[SPC2] True Shapechanger

#1 Postby chiefarchon » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:13 am

hi there

I would like to know how to make a shapechanger who could take the form of any type of animal, of lets say size 0 or smaller. Could this be done with just taking shape Change or must I purchase it some other way?

The type of shapechanger I'm talking about could cange into a bird, a fox, a dog or any other normal animal at will.

ValhallaGH
Legendary

Re: [SPC2] True Shapechanger

#2 Postby ValhallaGH » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:31 am

Shape change lets you turn into any mundane animal, and if you only want to be Size 0 or smaller then you only need 4 points of the power.
The power is quite explicit about that.

Edit: I realized I'd posted about the core rules power, when you were asking about the SPC version.
"Got a problem? I've got the solution: Rocket Launcher."
"Not against a Servitor."
"... We're all gonna die."

chiefarchon
Novice

#3 Postby chiefarchon » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:49 am

Thank you so much for your help ValhallaGH

The problem arose because I have one player in my game who insists that, as there are no examples of multi-shapchangers in the book that this meant that you were only purchasing one form for the points.

Freemage
Veteran

#4 Postby Freemage » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:24 am

chiefarchon wrote:Thank you so much for your help ValhallaGH

The problem arose because I have one player in my game who insists that, as there are no examples of multi-shapchangers in the book that this meant that you were only purchasing one form for the points.

That would actually be a Limitation on the Shapechange Power that would reduce its cost (ValhallaGH can give you a better estimate of the value there).

ValhallaGH
Legendary

#5 Postby ValhallaGH » Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:12 am

chiefarchon wrote:The problem arose because I have one player in my game who insists that, as there are no examples of multi-shapchangers in the book that this meant that you were only purchasing one form for the points.

There are no examples of shape change characters in the book, period. None.
If that were the limitation on what you could build then you couldn't use the power at all. :lol:

Being limited to a broad category of creatures (example: aquatic or birds) would be a Minor Limitation. Being limited to one type of creature (example: rhinoceros) would be a Major Limitation.
"Got a problem? I've got the solution: Rocket Launcher."
"Not against a Servitor."
"... We're all gonna die."

chiefarchon
Novice

#6 Postby chiefarchon » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:51 pm

Thanks for all your help valhallaGH and Freemage. You have really cleared this matter up for me and others in my new game.

Again Thanks

Return to “SW Pinnacle Original Settings & Companions”