Origins 2016 Thanks

The place to discuss conventions. What's coming up, what's going on, and what happened afterward.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, Evil Mike, Chaos Steve, The Moderators

The GIT!
Heroic

Origins 2016 Thanks

#1 Postby The GIT! » Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:57 pm

Just recovering from Origins 2016. I have to say that I still really love Origins and Columbus. I went with a group of eight friends (one of whom had come all the way from the UK to join us) and we all had a fantastic time. I know it's not as big as GenCon but for us that's one of the things that make it such a great Con.

This year I had booked to be in two SW games. Unfortunately one of the games didn't take place but I was fortunate to be in a game run by Caveman of Amorphous Blob Games. It was an absolute blast and Caveman ran a great game. Amorphous Blob Games run a bunch of games using different game systems and the atmosphere in their game rooms is terrific. Great fun all round.

So, now I just have to detox for a week and try and get back in to the swing of things at work :(

For those that were at Origins, I hope you had as much fun as I did and it was nice to meet with Clint and PEG Jodi for a few minutes. Also, a shout out to Bretbo who I haven't seen for a few years.

Other Mike
Seasoned

Re: Origins 2016 Thanks

#2 Postby Other Mike » Tue Jun 21, 2016 3:55 pm

Well, if you only got one game, you got a great GM. He's a great player too.
My delusions of grandeur are way bigger than yours!

The GIT!
Heroic

#3 Postby The GIT! » Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:00 am

Other Mike wrote:...you got a great GM.

Yep - totally agree. I've been playing and GMing for over 35 years and I'm still learning; I learned a lot from Caveman's game.
Other Mike wrote:He's a great player too.

That doesn't surprise me at all :wink:

amerigoV
Heroic

#4 Postby amerigoV » Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:03 am

Which game were you in? I was in his "When Worlds Collide"
Savage Buckeye!

The GIT!
Heroic

#5 Postby The GIT! » Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:06 am

I was in the Ghosts in the Machine scenario (using SFC).

amerigoV
Heroic

#6 Postby amerigoV » Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:24 am

Well, I did see you then (presuming he ran it once). I was in the other game in the same room (Presidents Ship Gone Missing - an AVP scenario). I did walk over during a short break and ask what Russo was running. So I narrowed you down to like 6 people in the world :)
Savage Buckeye!

The GIT!
Heroic

#7 Postby The GIT! » Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:17 pm

I've kind of narrowed you down to one person in the world...only I'm unlikely to be able to point you out in an identity parade (so you're safe) :o

amerigoV
Heroic

#8 Postby amerigoV » Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:28 pm

The GIT! wrote:I've kind of narrowed you down to one person in the world...only I'm unlikely to be able to point you out in an identity parade (so you're safe) :o

Only Russo could identify us both - but we can take care of him if we need to :)
Savage Buckeye!

DragonlairdGaming
Novice

#9 Postby DragonlairdGaming » Sat Jun 25, 2016 4:17 pm

Repro'd to catch both Origins threads...

"Mad Cap Mercenaries rocked and I was very pleased to be able to grab a seat at the table.

Overall, I thought Origins really rebounded this year in general. The vendors hall was full and ran into the huge miniatures/board games hall. That big hall was crowded Saturday and if you can't find an open table in a space that big, that's saying something. Games on Demand apparently reached new heights as the line formed an hour before start time to get in on some Indie game action.

I will say that I missed the presence of the Savage Worlds contingent. We checked out Clint's tables and did some damage at Studio 2 Publishing. Mad Cap was the only SW game I got in on.

Aside from the light Savage presence, it was one of my more enjoyable cons, mostly due to the crowds and enthusiasm."
--
Jim Davenport
Savage Characters, Volume 1 available on DriveThruRPG.com
www.DragonlairdGaming.com

Caveman
Novice

#10 Postby Caveman » Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:34 am

Thanks for the kind words guys - I really appreciate it! Remember, it also takes a great group of players to make a great game. I was fortunate to have awesome players at all of my events this year!

Sorry for the extremely belated reply, I changed jobs shortly after Origins this year and July/August were pretty much swallowed up by that. I finally got around to getting back on the boards here and catching up...

Rest assured I will continue to bang the drum within the Blob and make sure we keep running as many Savage events as possible!
- Dave R

"Sometimes when I look at my computer screen, I wonder - are there little demons inside drawing the letters? I don't know! I'm just a simple caveman. My primitive mind can't grasp these concepts."

Return to “The Con Suite”