Savage Rifts® Player's Guide Errata

Information and comments on all Pinnacle licensed Savage Settings. Please note the product with an abbreviation in the Subject line (ex. [SR] for Savage Rifts®, [6G] for The Sixth Gun, [SK] for Solomon Kane, and so on). Note: Licensee settings by 3rd parties are below.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

Spamotron
Novice

Re: Savage Rifts® Player's Guide Errata

#261 Postby Spamotron » Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:43 pm

Page 96: The TK Mini-Gun is a RoF 4 weapon with only 10 shots. I assume its meant to have 100 like its little brother the TK Machine Gun on Page 95

shinryu
Seasoned

#262 Postby shinryu » Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:36 pm

The Armor Plating Implant being MDC armor is a mistake, right? It makes sense for Combat Cyborgs since they are already MDC but it makes zero sense for other characters; even casters might as well take a level just to be MDC creatures. Given that the fluff says it's the same materials as worn armor and there are no Mega Damage worn armors that makes even less sense.

Spamotron
Novice

#263 Postby Spamotron » Wed Aug 17, 2016 5:29 pm

Noticed a couple more oddities in armor stats vs. price. Added them via edit to post 260

Café Truck
Novice

#264 Postby Café Truck » Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:52 pm

Might have been intentional, but the smallest of the Plasma Ejectors (the NG-E4, which weighs 20 pounds) has by far the largest payload (120 shots!), while the NG-E15 (70 pounds, ROF 3) carries only 48 shots. Were these meant to be swapped? A 120 shot capacity would certainly make more sense for the pulse ejector with its higher ROF.

Spamotron
Novice

#265 Postby Spamotron » Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:20 pm

Page 95 Techno Wizard weapons table. The Iceblast Shotgun notes that it only needs 1 PPE rather than the default 2 to reload. I presume because it only has a capacity of 8 shots while weapons like the Fireburst Rifle have 20.

If that assumption is correct then why does the TK revolver which has only 6 shots not have a similar note?

Clint
Site Admin

#266 Postby Clint » Mon Oct 03, 2016 12:18 pm

shinryu wrote:The Armor Plating Implant being MDC armor is a mistake, right? It makes sense for Combat Cyborgs since they are already MDC but it makes zero sense for other characters; even casters might as well take a level just to be MDC creatures. Given that the fluff says it's the same materials as worn armor and there are no Mega Damage worn armors that makes even less sense.

Already fixed but becomes MDC at +12
Clint Black
Savage Worlds Core Rules Brand Manager

www.peginc.com

Clint
Site Admin

#267 Postby Clint » Mon Oct 03, 2016 12:19 pm

Café Truck wrote:Might have been intentional, but the smallest of the Plasma Ejectors (the NG-E4, which weighs 20 pounds) has by far the largest payload (120 shots!), while the NG-E15 (70 pounds, ROF 3) carries only 48 shots. Were these meant to be swapped? A 120 shot capacity would certainly make more sense for the pulse ejector with its higher ROF.

It's 12 shots not 120.
Clint Black

www.peginc.com

Clint
Site Admin

#268 Postby Clint » Mon Oct 03, 2016 12:26 pm

Spamotron wrote:Page 95 Techno Wizard weapons table. The Iceblast Shotgun notes that it only needs 1 PPE rather than the default 2 to reload. I presume because it only has a capacity of 8 shots while weapons like the Fireburst Rifle have 20.

Nope. It's because like any double-barreled shotgun, it should have a capacity of 2 shots not 8 (really thought we had fixed that one, weird).
Clint Black

www.peginc.com

Spamotron
Novice

#269 Postby Spamotron » Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:28 am

Page 102 The Vehicle Interface Package seems overpriced at 45,000 credits. It only provides a + 2 bonus to a single skill while just below it the Wilderness Scout package provides a + 2 bonus to two skills at 35,000 credits. More extreme for the exact same price and strain the Wired Skill Port can provide + 4 dice to a skill also for 45,000 credits. The WSP does have an additional requirement of Cyber-Wired Reflexes but those of course provide their own benefit.

By a similar token the Race Creation Rules (Page 48) backed up by point costs in Super Powers Companion imply that 2 skill dice are roughly equivalent to 1 Attribute die in power. But in Cybernetics (Page 100 - 101) the attributes boosts cost as little as half to a third of the available skill boosts. Bionic Strength Augmentation being the cheapest at a mere 9,000 credits per die.

Clint
Site Admin

#270 Postby Clint » Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:44 am

Spamotron wrote:Page 102 The Vehicle Interface Package seems overpriced at 45,000 credits. It only provides a + 2 bonus to a single skill while just below it the Wilderness Scout package provides a + 2 bonus to two skills at 35,000 credits. More extreme for the exact same price and strain the Wired Skill Port can provide + 4 dice to a skill also for 45,000 credits. The WSP does have an additional requirement of Cyber-Wired Reflexes but those of course provide their own benefit.

By a similar token the Race Creation Rules (Page 48) backed up by point costs in Super Powers Companion imply that 2 skill dice are roughly equivalent to 1 Attribute die in power. But in Cybernetics (Page 100 - 101) the attributes boosts cost as little as half to a third of the available skill boosts. Bionic Strength Augmentation being the cheapest at a mere 9,000 credits per die.

All of these are correct as they are.

[And just as a reminder, remember the thread is solely for posting possible errata. Any discussion on such posts should go in another thread. Thanks!]
Clint Black

www.peginc.com

Spamotron
Novice

#271 Postby Spamotron » Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:32 pm

Are armor weights and Strength Minimums completely unrelated?

Examples:
ED-5 Plastic Man (Page 78) 13 lbs. No Strength Minimum, UW-3C Urban Warrior (Page 81) 11 lbs. d6 Strength Minimum

NG Peacekeeper (Page 79) 27 lbs. d8 Strength Minimum, C&S Crusader (Page 77) 24 lbs. d10 Strength Minimum

Triax T-10 Cyclops (Page 80) 25 lbs. d6 Strength Minimum, C&S Gladiator 21 lbs. d8 Strength Minimum, SFD Bushman (Page 79) 17 lbs. d8 Strength Minimum

Now I understand the concept of superior construction giving better weight distribution and the lower Strength Minimum armors are more expensive but that only goes so far. The most egregious case being the SFD Bushman being over 30% lighter than the Triax T-10 yet having a whole die increase of strength minimum.

Edit: Along the same lines the Juicer Assassin Plate (Page 78) is fluffed as armor that is especially made for superhuman Juicers (and has a d10 strength requirement if you aren't one) is only 14 lbs. 2 lbs. lighter than the SFD Huntsman (Page 80) which can be worn by anyone for a d6 strength modifier.

Phasma Felis
Seasoned

#272 Postby Phasma Felis » Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:04 pm

Are you still taking errata submissions, or is the print version finalized? Wanted to ask before I bother typing up all my nitpicky issues. :)

blackwingedheaven
Seasoned

#273 Postby blackwingedheaven » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:45 am

Phasma Felis wrote:Are you still taking errata submissions, or is the print version finalized? Wanted to ask before I bother typing up all my nitpicky issues. :)

Considering I have a print version in my hands at this very moment, I'm pretty sure they're finalized. =3
"Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is an absurd one." -Voltaire

SavageGamerGirl
Legendary

#274 Postby SavageGamerGirl » Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:18 am

Phasma Felis wrote:Are you still taking errata submissions, or is the print version finalized? Wanted to ask before I bother typing up all my nitpicky issues. :)

The print version is finalized, but errata is still being accepted for updating the PDF. If you have things you've found, you can post 'em here.
'But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
'Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: 'we're all mad here.'
The Order of the Dice... OF DOOM!

Clint
Site Admin

#275 Postby Clint » Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:08 pm

Yeah, the print version is about as finalized as it can get right now, but if anything else comes up we do want to know about it for the PDF and an errata download for the print version.

Though just to be clear, I want to reiterate for everyone that the thread is for actual errata, not discussions on the rules or doing them differently for whatever reason. Those kind of things would fall under their own topic.

Thanks!
Clint Black

www.peginc.com

Return to “SW Pinnacle Licensed Settings”