Savage Rifts® Player's Guide Errata

Information and comments on all Pinnacle licensed Savage Settings. Please note the product with an abbreviation in the Subject line (ex. [SR] for Savage Rifts®, [6G] for The Sixth Gun, [SK] for Solomon Kane, and so on). Note: Licensee settings by 3rd parties are below.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

Clint
Site Admin

Re: Savage Rifts® Player's Guide Errata

#201 Postby Clint » Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:04 pm

Malifice wrote:Im a little confused about the new weapon size rules. I like them, but Im trying to figure out the calculation re mods/size?

Makes two of us confused. A page number or more specific reference would help. ;)
Clint Black
Savage Worlds Core Rules Brand Manager

www.peginc.com

WADBAZ
Novice

#202 Postby WADBAZ » Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:33 pm

The PA stats for flight movement are now listed as a flight pace, but the jet packs in the adventuring gear section are still listed like vehicles - is this intentional?

WADBAZ
Novice

#203 Postby WADBAZ » Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:33 pm

And before I forget - awesome updates and very pleased to see my two previously pointed out errata fixed - thanks to you and all the team Clint!

Ndreare
Seasoned

#204 Postby Ndreare » Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:47 pm

Great job, I see all the updates I noted already completed. Do new ones go in this post or will a new one be made?
If this place is okay then here are two we missed before.

Page 37. Mater of Magic power list “drain Power Points” the only two words in the paragraph capitalized are the words power points. (don’t know how we overlooked it before.)

Page 40. All mystics have Master of Magic, page 41 then says in the last sentence of the carryover paragraph “A Mystic with Master of Magic gains access to communion, but activates it normally with 10 PPE.”

Clint
Site Admin

#205 Postby Clint » Mon Jul 25, 2016 4:45 pm

Ndreare wrote:Page 37. Mater of Magic power list “drain Power Points” the only two words in the paragraph capitalized are the words power points. (don’t know how we overlooked it before.)

Capitalizing Power Points is part of our style guide just like capitalizing Trait in boost/lower Trait.
Clint Black

www.peginc.com

DMbobby
Seasoned

#206 Postby DMbobby » Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:34 pm

Am I misng it or is the GB armor still missing the toughness bonus
New blog up and running, http://gmtable.blogspot.com/ Reviews, adventures, tips and tricks for GMs

OracleBoyd
Novice

#207 Postby OracleBoyd » Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:37 pm

Cyber-Knight armor notes that it gets heavier if it doesn't have power, but does not specify how it is powered.

Ndreare
Seasoned

#208 Postby Ndreare » Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:38 pm

DMbobby wrote:Am I misng it or is the GB armor still missing the toughness bonus

You must not be reading the update. It is definitely updated. Looks like ask the armors we cleaned up.

Pirate Spice
Novice

#209 Postby Pirate Spice » Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:54 pm

Page 46, the Dragon Hatchling's Fire Breath is not marked with the asterisk that would indicated that it is only usable in dragon form. A previous clarification from Clint indicated that this should be the case.

Malifice
Seasoned

#210 Postby Malifice » Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:16 pm

OracleBoyd wrote:Cyber-Knight armor notes that it gets heavier if it doesn't have power, but does not specify how it is powered.

Its TW armor. Check the sidebar on page 76.

Smannesman
Novice

#211 Postby Smannesman » Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:06 am

Clint wrote:
Smannesman wrote:P42 Techno-Wizard
Post errata this is still the only iconic framework/class without artwork.

The primary techno-wizard picture is in the TW conversion and upgrade section on page 107.

In that case it should be copied or moved.
It's just how a player's guide should be in my opinion.

DMbobby
Seasoned

#212 Postby DMbobby » Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:22 am

Ndreare wrote:
DMbobby wrote:Am I misng it or is the GB armor still missing the toughness bonus

You must not be reading the update. It is definitely updated. Looks like ask the armors we cleaned up.

You're right, while I deleted and re-downloaded everything yesterday apparently drivethrough either had a hick-up or the actual file hadn't updated their yet. (Somehow I was alerted about the downloads and updates about 15 min before anything was officially up) I re-downloaded everything today and its all correct.
New blog up and running, http://gmtable.blogspot.com/ Reviews, adventures, tips and tricks for GMs

irongen
Novice

Re: Savage Rifts® Foes of NA Errata

#213 Postby irongen » Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:04 pm

And on another note:

The Combat Cyborg Frameworks says: "‘Borgs have these cybernetic systems (already factored into starting stats):" which includes Reinforced Framework and Armor Plating, both at (1). They also have Size of 1. They are stated as having 8 MDC and +3 Toughness as a result of the borg conversion. The Toughness checks out, but where is the extra 4 MDC coming from? Are they supposed to have 2 levels of Armor Plating, or does the borg get an unwritten 4 MDC, or is there something I'm missing? With the package as written, it looks like it should be 4 MDC and +3 Toughness.

Clint
Site Admin

#214 Postby Clint » Thu Jul 28, 2016 3:44 pm

irongen wrote:And on another note:

The Combat Cyborg Frameworks says: "‘Borgs have these cybernetic systems (already factored into starting stats):" which includes Reinforced Framework and Armor Plating, both at (1). They also have Size of 1. They are stated as having 8 MDC and +3 Toughness as a result of the borg conversion. The Toughness checks out, but where is the extra 4 MDC coming from? Are they supposed to have 2 levels of Armor Plating, or does the borg get an unwritten 4 MDC, or is there something I'm missing? With the package as written, it looks like it should be 4 MDC and +3 Toughness.

The M.D.C. Armor listing is for the Armor and Toughness for being a full conversion Cyborg, and only Cybernetic Enhancements are factored into those totals. So the character gets +4 Armor and +2 Toughness from cyberware plus an intrinsic +4 Armor and +1 Toughness for being a full conversion 'Borg.

Size is separate.
Clint Black

www.peginc.com

irongen
Novice

#215 Postby irongen » Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:44 pm

Clint wrote:
The M.D.C. Armor listing is for the Armor and Toughness for being a full conversion Cyborg, and only Cybernetic Enhancements are factored into those totals. So the character gets +4 Armor and +2 Toughness from cyberware plus an intrinsic +4 Armor and +1 Toughness for being a full conversion 'Borg.

Size is separate.

Is the 4 MDC / +1 Toughness for basic full conversion spelled out somewhere, or is that just included in the basic 8 MDC / +3 Toughness block?

Clint
Site Admin

#216 Postby Clint » Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:49 pm

irongen wrote:Is the 4 MDC / +1 Toughness for basic full conversion spelled out somewhere, or is that just included in the basic 8 MDC / +3 Toughness block?

It's part of that separate ability. If it didn't exist, there wouldn't be a listing for it at all, the Cybernetic Enhancements would just be applied normally.
Clint Black

www.peginc.com

Clint
Site Admin

#217 Postby Clint » Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:59 pm

Smannesman wrote:
Clint wrote:
Smannesman wrote:P42 Techno-Wizard
Post errata this is still the only iconic framework/class without artwork.

The primary techno-wizard picture is in the TW conversion and upgrade section on page 107.

In that case it should be copied or moved.
It's just how a player's guide should be in my opinion.

Sorry, but at this point that kind of purely aesthetic change isn't possible. Swapping art of the same size maybe, but altering over 100 pages of layout and delaying print release to insert one picture simply isn't feasible.
Clint Black

www.peginc.com

Ndreare
Seasoned

#218 Postby Ndreare » Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:56 pm

This is probably way to late in the game, but...

The Dragon has low light vision listed as an iconic/racial edge (page 45) instead of included in the basic package. Not sure if this was deliberate design or a mistake, but it feels wrong.

Clint
Site Admin

#219 Postby Clint » Fri Jul 29, 2016 12:40 am

Ndreare wrote:The Dragon has low light vision listed as an iconic/racial edge (page 45) instead of included in the basic package. Not sure if this was deliberate design or a mistake, but it feels wrong.

Purposeful. Flame Wind Dragons start with Infravision (ability to see heat) and can pick up Low Light Vision as they grow.
Clint Black

www.peginc.com

Ndreare
Seasoned

#220 Postby Ndreare » Fri Jul 29, 2016 12:41 am

Oh, did not notice infra vision.

Return to “SW Pinnacle Licensed Settings”