Savage Rifts® Player's Guide Errata

Information and comments on all Pinnacle licensed Savage Settings. Please note the product with an abbreviation in the Subject line (ex. [SR] for Savage Rifts®, [6G] for The Sixth Gun, [SK] for Solomon Kane, and so on). Note: Licensee settings by 3rd parties are below.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

Smannesman
Novice

Re: Savage Rifts® Player's Guide Errata

#221 Postby Smannesman » Fri Jul 29, 2016 4:54 am

Clint wrote:Sorry, but at this point that kind of purely aesthetic change isn't possible. Swapping art of the same size maybe, but altering over 100 pages of layout and delaying print release to insert one picture simply isn't feasible.

I did mention it back when the first version was released,I don't think I could've mentioned it before then.

Fatpob
Novice

#222 Postby Fatpob » Fri Jul 29, 2016 5:33 am

pg 144 index under S: Skilsl, Knowledge 64

Brickulos
Veteran

[SR] Mystics and LL Walkers

#223 Postby Brickulos » Fri Jul 29, 2016 6:12 pm

In the write up for Ley Line walkers it says that they gain Detect Arcana as a free power. But for Mystics it says that they gain Detect/Conceal Arcana as a free power. I was just wondering if either of those was a mistake. As they are both Masters of Magic, it seems that they would have a similar arcane awareness.

Ndreare
Seasoned

#224 Postby Ndreare » Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:49 pm

Greater Farsight page 113

Normal Farsight doubles range on a raise, should this benefit have been included in the mega power?

Ndreare
Seasoned

#225 Postby Ndreare » Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:55 am

Not sure if this is an errata issue or not.

When reading in Google Docs: Throughout the document graphics are covering text, in most but not all it appears transparency error. When opening the previous players release this does not happen. When reading in Adobe it views perfectly and without issue.

Pirate Spice
Novice

#226 Postby Pirate Spice » Sat Jul 30, 2016 1:03 pm

On page 47, the quote at the bottom of the page is attributed to "Uther, Flamewing Dragon Hatchling" rather than "Uther, Flame Wind Dragon Hatchling".

Ndreare
Seasoned

#227 Postby Ndreare » Sat Jul 30, 2016 4:10 pm

I mentioned this before, but it may have been buried in the tangle.

Currently only Bursters and Mystics can use Conceal Arcana,
Mind Melters Alter Aura was a basic power and needed for infiltration.

I think I mentioned Line Walkers not having it, but after reviewing the source that was not an option until book of magic.

wilcoxon
Seasoned

#228 Postby wilcoxon » Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:35 pm

Two things I noticed in the updated players guide:

Mountaineer ATV is still listed as 6 Crew which I'm pretty sure should be either 1+5 or 2+4 (the Mk 2 is 2+8).

Flame Wind Dragon Hatchling can take Arcane Background (Magic) but I don't see a list of powers he would get with it. Given that he is (I think) the only character (maybe some of the MARS) that can take an AB after character creation, it would be good to include what powers he would have access to (since it definitely should not be all of them).

ValhallaGH
Legendary

#229 Postby ValhallaGH » Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:03 pm

wilcoxon wrote:Given that he is (I think) the only character (maybe some of the MARS) that can take an AB after character creation, it would be good to include what powers he would have access to (since it definitely should not be all of them).

Anyone can take Arcane Background as long as they aren't explicitly barred from it, and have the game master's permission (it is a Background edge, they do require that).
Of the Iconic Frameworks, the Glitter Boy, most MARS variants, and Dragon can all take Arcane Background after character creation; assuming racial choices allow it for the first two. All the other frameworks either already have the edge (and thus cannot take it again) or are forbidden from taking the edge. Also, Flame Wind Dragons can take any AB, except psionic, so they don't have a defined power list. No one really wants to write up the power list for the dragon cleric of Athletics God, the Harvest God, and the Wiccan God, when that page space could be used for useful things like guns, D-Bees, or Mega Powers.
"Got a problem? I've got the solution: Rocket Launcher."
"Not against a Servitor."
"... We're all gonna die."

wilcoxon
Seasoned

#230 Postby wilcoxon » Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:10 pm

Good point. I'm used to thinking of Miracles and Weird Science as completely different from Magic.

I can understand not wanting to use page-space but the problem I see (which isn't a problem unless there is going to be organized play for Savage Rifts and, hence, players playing with multiple different GMs with the same character) is that what powers a Dragon can take will vary wildly based on the GM when the Dragon player took the AB.

ValhallaGH
Legendary

#231 Postby ValhallaGH » Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:21 am

wilcoxon wrote:Good point. I'm used to thinking of Miracles and Weird Science as completely different from Magic.

And, in Savage Rifts, for capital-M Magic they are completely different. But the dragon hatchling says you can take little-m magic, which in Savage Rifts is anything except psionics. It's a subtle distinction, but being aware of it makes a lot of the text clearer.

I understand your point about power lists, but it's the same problem that MARS casters have. I'd probably just say, "Use the Ley Line Walker / Techno-Wizard / Mystic power lists" for Magic, Weird Science, and Miracles respectively. Superpowers can use any power, with a good trapping, because the skill requirements already limit the craziness of that arcane background.
"Got a problem? I've got the solution: Rocket Launcher."
"Not against a Servitor."
"... We're all gonna die."

shinryu
Seasoned

#232 Postby shinryu » Mon Aug 01, 2016 2:45 pm

Didn't see this mentioned, but given the importance of hand-held weapons and Snapfire penalties shouldn't the Ulti-max's heavy railgun have the hand-held note? It's pretty clear the VX-100 is hand-held in the art.

Clint
Site Admin

#233 Postby Clint » Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:07 pm

For those who didn't catch the latest update, the books are off to the printers, gang. Any more errata will end up in a PDF document for the print version and we'll continue to update the PDF version along the way.

Note though, at this point it will only be actual rules errata. Clarifications and the like will continue to be handled through the forums.
Clint Black
Savage Worlds Core Rules Brand Manager

www.peginc.com

Clint
Site Admin

#234 Postby Clint » Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:08 pm

shinryu wrote:Didn't see this mentioned, but given the importance of hand-held weapons and Snapfire penalties shouldn't the Ulti-max's heavy railgun have the hand-held note? It's pretty clear the VX-100 is hand-held in the art.

Yeah, it would have to be handheld for the Ulti-Max to use it. That'll just have to be something for the PDF down the line.
Clint Black

Savage Worlds Core Rules Brand Manager

www.peginc.com

Ndreare
Seasoned

#235 Postby Ndreare » Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:26 pm

I hate to do this last minute, but the Dragon has +6 Toughness for dragon hide and then again listed under size +6 toughness.
Does this mean it is +12 Armor, +12 Toughness total when in dragon form at size level 6?
That sure would be awesome if it did, but wanted to double check.

Ndreare
Seasoned

#236 Postby Ndreare » Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:46 pm

Ndreare wrote:I hate to do this last minute, but the Dragon has +6 Toughness for dragon hide and then again listed under size +6 toughness.
Does this mean it is +12 Armor, +12 Toughness total when in dragon form at size level 6?
That sure would be awesome if it did, but wanted to double check.

Ignore this question, Totally awesome answer confirmed by update of the Savage Foes of north America.

PS: Also double checked Hatchling, Young Adult and Saber where all corrected enough to answer any Question. (This of course will make Dylan as happy as can be to find out his character gets a toughness buff.)

Bald Evil
Novice

#237 Postby Bald Evil » Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:23 pm

Clint wrote:
shinryu wrote:Didn't see this mentioned, but given the importance of hand-held weapons and Snapfire penalties shouldn't the Ulti-max's heavy railgun have the hand-held note? It's pretty clear the VX-100 is hand-held in the art.

Yeah, it would have to be handheld for the Ulti-Max to use it. That'll just have to be something for the PDF down the line.

So the rules for vehicular weapons being hand-carried applies to robot armour as well? An Ulti-Max's heavy rail gun has a snapfire penalty if the robot moves and fires in the same turn? If that's the case, is there any way to modify or replace a handheld weapon on a robot armour with an integrated version (for example, replacing one of the Ulti-Max's arms with the heavy rail gun)?

Malifice
Seasoned

#238 Postby Malifice » Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:42 pm

Bald Evil wrote:So the rules for vehicular weapons being hand-carried applies to robot armour as well?

Yep.

An Ulti-Max's heavy rail gun has a snapfire penalty if the robot moves and fires in the same turn? If that's the case, is there any way to modify or replace a handheld weapon on a robot armour with an integrated version (for example, replacing one of the Ulti-Max's arms with the heavy rail gun)?

Integrated weapons appear to have a limit of (Size) while handheld weapons are (Size)+1.

The only exception seems to be the Sky Cycle (heavy laser on Mods 2). I errated that down to a Medium laser (which is what it should be in any event).

archus
Novice

#239 Postby archus » Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:01 pm

Not particularly fond of them not being an MDC creature when not a dragon. Dragons in rifts are always dragons no matter what they look like. They are keeping their strength no matter their form, why not at least some of their toughness?

The main problem is actually fitting into buildings. It would be nice if hatchlings retained the ability to vary their size (they can adjust it in regular Rifts) so the can still be a dragon while being able to fit into places. A glitter boy is just as obvious, nearly as tough but can still fit places.

Palladion
Novice

#240 Postby Palladion » Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:17 pm

The Battle Fury Blade weighs 7 lb., not 17 lb. (Rifts Federation of Magic page 119)
NG-L5 and NG-LG6 are the same laser rifle, one does not do more damage than the other (Rifts Northern Gun 1 page 193), it is the grenade damage that is listed differently.

Return to “SW Pinnacle Licensed Settings”