[SR] Our Savage Rifts Characters

Information and comments on all Pinnacle licensed Savage Settings. Please note the product with an abbreviation in the Subject line (ex. [SR] for Savage Rifts®, [6G] for The Sixth Gun, [SK] for Solomon Kane, and so on). Note: Licensee settings by 3rd parties are below.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

Freemage
Veteran

Re: [SR] Our Savage Rifts Characters

#101 Postby Freemage » Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:05 pm

pkitty wrote:I just helped the last player in our game finish his character:

Rugby, Glitter Dog Boy

Rugby prefers to take up a position of long-range overwatch, where he can snipe the bad guys while providing tactical support and leadership to the rest of the team. He's also a determined tracker with a bit of outdoor survival experience.

Two house rules worth noting: First, Glitter Boys get a free "sidearm," in this case a Medium Laser. Second, the leadership Edges don't require immediate proximity if you have constant two-way radio or telepathic contact and the leader has an unobstructed view of the underling. Figured I'd mention that before someone pointed out that all of his subordinates are guaranteed to end up deaf. :)

I actually wrote up an Edge someplace for that particular idea--"By My Voice Alone", or somesuch. Basically, two-way contact is considered your Command Radius, even if it's interstellar (in an appropriate campaign).

Spamotron
Novice

#102 Postby Spamotron » Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:15 am

Freemage wrote:
pkitty wrote:I just helped the last player in our game finish his character:

Rugby, Glitter Dog Boy

Rugby prefers to take up a position of long-range overwatch, where he can snipe the bad guys while providing tactical support and leadership to the rest of the team. He's also a determined tracker with a bit of outdoor survival experience.

Two house rules worth noting: First, Glitter Boys get a free "sidearm," in this case a Medium Laser. Second, the leadership Edges don't require immediate proximity if you have constant two-way radio or telepathic contact and the leader has an unobstructed view of the underling. Figured I'd mention that before someone pointed out that all of his subordinates are guaranteed to end up deaf. :)

I actually wrote up an Edge someplace for that particular idea--"By My Voice Alone", or somesuch. Basically, two-way contact is considered your Command Radius, even if it's interstellar (in an appropriate campaign).

There's existing precedent for such an ability in the Science Fiction Companion. Though as equipment. Specifically the Command Pack power armor modification page 33. "Up to 100 team members within 20 miles. This extends the users Command Range to all those in contact."

It could be a useful baseline for creating similar abilities and house-rules.

Alrik_vas
Seasoned

#103 Postby Alrik_vas » Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:32 am

Here's a character I made for the game I've been running. He actually started out as a child (though as a MARS custom, the 4 advances more or less made up for it).

There's a lot of exp into this build now, I honestly forget how much. I didn't update him for like 10 or so games and I think he's about Heroic here? They call him Itchy because no one could pronounce his name properly and he get's "the itch" when danger is near. Going after initiative edges and probably Adept next.

Itchy Joe (Ichijo)

Arcane Background: Psionics (ISP: 10, Darkness Trapping, Powers: Boost Trait, Smite, Quickness)
Hindrance: Vengeful (minor), Greedy (Minor), Overconfident (Major)
Edges: Brave, Ambidextrous, Martial Artist (+1d4, always armed), Brawler (+2), Dirty Fighter, Dodge, Killer Instinct, Two-Fisted, Marksman, First Strike
Stats: Agility d10, Smarts d6, Spirit d8, Strength d8, Vigor d10
CHA: 0, Pace: 6, Parry: 8, Toughness: 7 (7+4 Armor)
Skills: Climbing d6, Fighting d10, Healing d4, Intimidation d6, Notice d6+2, Riding d6, Shooting d8, Stealth d10, Streetwise d6, Tracking d6, Survival d6, Throwing d4, Swimming d6, Psionics d6, Climbing d6, Piloting d4
MARS (Mighty Weapon: Magic Knife, Fortune Favors the Bold: Brave and +1 benny)
HERO (Danger Sense)
+2 Combat Edges (Sixth Sense)
Ride Armor +1 Tough, +4 Armor (integrated IR/NVG)
1 Frag Grenade (5/10/20, 3d6, LBT, MD), 1 AP Grenade (3d6, AP: 8, SBT, MD), Flash Grenade (Blind)
JA-11 (Ion: 1-3d6+1, RoF: 1, 12/24/48, 10 shots, Laser: 3d6, 30/60/120, AP: 2, 60 shots, Scope, MD-10 shots, Rifling: 24/48/96, 2d8+1, 5 shots)
Hk .45 (12/24/48, 2d6+1, 12 shots)
TX-5 (15/30/60, 2d6+1, 5 shots, MD)
Unmei (Knife) str+d6 (ignore Armor and Armor Toughness), precise (+2 attack)
NG Survival Pack, 10000cr

pkitty
Seasoned

#104 Postby pkitty » Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:24 pm

Spamotron wrote:
Freemage wrote:I actually wrote up an Edge someplace for that particular idea--"By My Voice Alone", or somesuch. Basically, two-way contact is considered your Command Radius, even if it's interstellar (in an appropriate campaign).

There's existing precedent for such an ability in the Science Fiction Companion. Though as equipment. Specifically the Command Pack power armor modification page 33. "Up to 100 team members within 20 miles. This extends the users Command Range to all those in contact."

It could be a useful baseline for creating similar abilities and house-rules.

In our view, the existing rule works fine for low-tech fantasy games where the commander has to yell directly to each subordinate, but in a game with instant two-way radio or telepathic contact, there's no need for such a restriction. Here's the full house rule we use:

In a high-tech setting like Rifts, there is no "command radius." Instead, your Edges apply to any teammate who (A) accepts you as their field commander, (B) you have instantaneous contact with, such as via radio, and (C) you have an unobstructed view of. The Command Presence Edge removes that last requirement, allowing you to advise even an unseen subordinate.
Fan of Deadlands, quickly becoming a fan of Savage Rifts.
My Savage Rifts house rules, resources, and sample characters.

pkitty
Seasoned

#105 Postby pkitty » Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:21 pm

Okay, let me preface this by saying it is an intentionally ridiculous build that no sane GM would ever allow, hence the name. :)

Daenerys Tarmunchkin, Mother of Dragons (M.A.R.S. Personal Concept)

Daenerys has maxed out the number of Sidekick Edges that it's possible for a starting SR PC to have (barring house rules or weird Sidekick-based racial builds). She drives into a fight an ATV full of five human-form dragons, turns them all loose, then hops out and begins kicking butt herself. And yes, I know that the cyber + combat armor + rail gun combo doesn't really match up with her namesake, but it was the cheapest way to make her personally combat-effective. After all, I spent most of her advances on pure social stats, giving her a ridiculous Charisma +6 and a vast range of Connections to play with!

Freemage
Veteran

#106 Postby Freemage » Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:18 pm

pkitty wrote:Okay, let me preface this by saying it is an intentionally ridiculous build that no sane GM would ever allow, hence the name. :)

Daenerys has maxed out the number of Sidekick Edges that it's possible for a starting SR PC to have (barring house rules or weird Sidekick-based racial builds). She drives into a fight an ATV full of five human-form dragons, turns them all loose, then hops out and begins kicking butt herself. And yes, I know that the cyber + combat armor + rail gun combo doesn't really match up with her namesake, but it was the cheapest way to make her personally combat-effective. After all, I spent most of her advances on pure social stats, giving her a ridiculous Charisma +6 and a vast range of Connections to play with!

As the person who suggested the army o' sidekicks, how did you get 5 to start? One for being human, two more for Hindrances, and then...?

pkitty
Seasoned

#107 Postby pkitty » Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:37 pm

Freemage wrote:As the person who suggested the army o' sidekicks, how did you get 5 to start? One for being human, two more for Hindrances, and then...?

...two from the M.A.R.S. Personal Concept Option framework.

Freemage
Veteran

#108 Postby Freemage » Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:51 pm

pkitty wrote:
Freemage wrote:As the person who suggested the army o' sidekicks, how did you get 5 to start? One for being human, two more for Hindrances, and then...?

...two from the M.A.R.S. Personal Concept Option framework.

Ah, right, right. Got it. Very cool, even if a tad silly. And very nicely by-the-book.

Oh, except... can you actually take Sidekick more than once? I know for the army o' sidekicks, I used the sidekick of a sidekick exploit, but isn't the base rule that you cannot tbenefit from an Edge more than one time unless it explicitly states otherwise?

pkitty
Seasoned

#109 Postby pkitty » Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:24 am

Freemage wrote:Oh, except... can you actually take Sidekick more than once? I know for the army o' sidekicks, I used the sidekick of a sidekick exploit, but isn't the base rule that you cannot tbenefit from an Edge more than one time unless it explicitly states otherwise?

*shrug* I have no idea, as it's never come up in one of our SW games. Personally, I don't see any reason not to let someone have two Sidekicks if it fits the character. And at any rate, whether "legal" or not, I think we can all agree that no sane GM would allow a character like this in their game. :)

ValhallaGH
Legendary

#110 Postby ValhallaGH » Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:47 am

Freemage wrote:Oh, except... can you actually take Sidekick more than once?

Yep.
"If the sidekick dies, he isn’t replaced unless the hero chooses this Edge again."
So, you can take it repeatedly, and there is no listed restriction on taking it (once you meet all requirements).
"Got a problem? I've got the solution: Rocket Launcher."
"Not against a Servitor."
"... We're all gonna die."

Freemage
Veteran

#111 Postby Freemage » Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:01 pm

ValhallaGH wrote:
Freemage wrote:Oh, except... can you actually take Sidekick more than once?

Yep.
"If the sidekick dies, he isn’t replaced unless the hero chooses this Edge again."
So, you can take it repeatedly, and there is no listed restriction on taking it (once you meet all requirements).

To be clear, I'm not saying you're wrong about this, but it's a fringe case, because a dead sidekick is essentially a non-existent Edge (since, by the rules, they are not replaced unless you take a new Sidekick Edge). That's not the same thing as having two Sidekicks simultaneously. By contrast, Followers explicitly states it may be taken more than once, with a new group of henchmen being added each time.

ValhallaGH
Legendary

#112 Postby ValhallaGH » Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:17 pm

So, I've made a couple of characters as examples, and I like them.

Zero Sum (M.A.R.S. Personal Concept, "mutant", human)
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Skills: Bolt d12, Driving d6, Fighting d8, Healing d4, Intimidation d6, Knowledge (Battle) d6, Notice d6, Persuasion d6, Shooting d6,
Charisma: +0; Pace: 6; Parry: 6; Toughness: 16 (10)
Hindrances: Loyal, Overconfident, Wanted (minor - Coalition)
Edges: Arcane Background (Super Powers), Brave, Command, Elan, Exceptional Rapid Recharge, Master of Magic, Power Points (2), Trademark Weapon (Vibro-Sword)
Powers: bolt; PPE: 30
Hero's Journey Effects: Zero Sum has issues with authority figures. This put him in a spot where he needed help, and the Legion provided. Zero Sum gains a +2 on any Common Knowledge rolls related to geography and understanding the people and places of North America. He also gains a +2 on Survival and Streetwise checks in North America. Zero Sum has Elan. Zero Sum gets one Professional Edge, ignoring requirements, subject to the GM’s approval (Master of Magic).
Fortune and Glory Effects: Zero Sum begins with the Brave Edge. He also begins each session with one additional Benny. Zero Sum may choose any single weapon from the Close Combat or Ranged Weapons—Personal sections. Alternately, you gain the Trademark Weapon Edge for one of your starting weapons. Zero Sum may choose any one suit of Body Armor and add two of the modifiers listed under Body Armor in the Hero’s Journey section. They must be two different modifiers, not the same one twice. Zero Sum begins with a d6 in either Driving or Piloting. He also starts with any one vehicle of his choice.
*Framework edges: Arcane Background, Rapid Recharge.
*Advances: Power Points, Command, Smarts d8, Power Points
Gear: Combat Mage Armor (+10, +1 Toughness, +1 Strength, environmental, darksight, farsight; +1 Toughness, +3 armor), Vibro-Sword (Str+d10, AP 4, Mega Damage), Wilk’s 237 Laser Pistol, Wilk’s 447 Laser Rifle, NG-S2 Survival Pack, 12,800 Credits. Zone Ranger ATV.

Mst. Sgt. Sofia Rogers (human, M.A.R.S. Merc Soldier - Sniper)
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d6, Strength d12+2 (d6), Vigor d8
Skills: Climbing d6, Fighting d6, Healing d6, Knowledge (Battle) d8, Notice d6, Piloting d6, Repair d6, Shooting d12, Stealth d6, Survival d8, Swimming d6, Taunt d4, Tracking d4
Charisma: –; Pace: 8 (6); Parry: 6 (1); Toughness: 15 (7) M.D.C.
Hindrances: Arrogant (Shooting), Loyal, Quirk (only trusts veterans)
Edges: Alertness, Brave, Combat Reflexes, Dead Shot, I Know A Guy, Marksman, Nerves of Steel, Steady Hands, Trademark Weapon (Justin), Woodsman
Gear: Vibro-Vambraces (Str+d8, AP 4, Mega damage, +1 Parry), JA-11 Energy Rifle "Justin" (Range 30/60/120, Damage 3d6, RoF 1, AP 2, Special), 2 E-Clips, NG-EX10 Gladius Armor (+7 M.D.C. armor, +2 Toughness, Special), NG-S2 Survival Pack, 12,000 Credits. NG-357 Magnum Hovercycle.
Fortune & Glory: 3 (Driving or Piloting d6, one stock vehicle), 5 (+1 die Smarts, two Smarts skills d6), 8 (+1 die Vigor, Nerves of Steel)
Hero's Journey: Narrative 3 (Siege of Tolkeen; Sofia was a mercenary combatant during the war and found herself guiding refugees from the slaughter to Refuge, where she signed on with the Tomorrow Legion) Training 20 (8-9, Woodsman, +1 die Survival, +1 die Tracking), Underworld & Black Ops 5 (I Know a Guy, +2 on Connections rolls), Experience & Wisdom 17 (Dead Shot)
*Advances: Trademark Weapon (JA-11, "Justin"), Skills (K: Battle, Stealth), Brave, Combat Reflexes

Spamotron
Novice

#113 Postby Spamotron » Sat Oct 29, 2016 9:47 pm

pkitty wrote:Okay, let me preface this by saying it is an intentionally ridiculous build that no sane GM would ever allow, hence the name. :)

The Gladius doesn't increase your effective size. So as a size 0 human Daenerys can't wield a mods 2 Mini Rail Gun. She'll have to settle for the TX-50

pkitty
Seasoned

#114 Postby pkitty » Sun Oct 30, 2016 3:01 pm

Spamotron wrote:The Gladius doesn't increase your effective size. So as a size 0 human Daenerys can't wield a mods 2 Mini Rail Gun. She'll have to settle for the TX-50

True. Please consider that footnoted until I get around to updating the sheet.

Heh, I'm tempted to rebuild her a bit, leave the Mini Rail Run attached to the ATV, and give her no weapons whatsoever just to fit her namesake . . . and drive home the point that you don't need any of that when you have five dragons at your beck and call.

malikaithered
Novice

#115 Postby malikaithered » Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:33 pm

one of my first attempts. How'd i do?

Sebastian Walker (Human Ley Line Walker)
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d10, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Skills: Fighting d6, Healing d8, Knowledge (Arcana) d10, Notice d8, Shooting d6, Spellcasting d10
Charisma: +0, Pace: 6, Parry: 5, Toughness: 12 (7)
Hinderances: Overconfident (Major), Loyal (Minor), Vengeful (Minor)
Edges: Jack of All Trades, Ley Line Gate, Ley Line Phasing, Master of Magic, Rapid Recharge, Wizard
Powers: Armor, Blast, Bolt, Boost/Lower Trait, Healing, Quickness
P.P.E.: 15

Hero's Journey: Enchanted Items & Mystic Gadgets (7, 16), Magic & Mysticism (9, 15), Education (2)

Gear: NG-33 Laser Pistol, TW Combat Mage Armor (darksight, farsight), Advanced Communications Band (speak language), NG-S2 Survival pack, Ley Line Walker light armor

Sebastian was a battle mage in the siege of tolkeen and part of the operation getting survivors out to castle refuge. Now he works with the Tomorrow Leigon on rescue/underground railroad ops getting people out of coalition territory.

ValhallaGH
Legendary

#116 Postby ValhallaGH » Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:58 pm

Need to find someone? Ask Bloodhound.

Bloodhound, Dog Boy Crazy
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d10, Spirit d6, Strength d8, Vigor d10
Skills: Climbing d4, Fighting d8, Notice d4(+2/+4), Persuasion d4-2, Psionics d6, Shooting d6, Stealth d4, Streetwise d4-2, Survival d10(+2), Swimming d4, Tracking d12+2(+8)
Charisma: -4/+0; Pace: 16; Parry: 6; Toughness: 13 (5)
Hindrances: Outsider (Dog Boy), Wanted (minor; Coalition), Delusional (major; everyone can scent as well as a dog boy), Arrogant (tracking), Big Mouth, Loyal
Edges: Breed Advantage (Tracking Breed), Combat Reflexes, Fleet-Footed, I Know A Guy, Professional & Expert (Tracking), Quick, Rapid Recharge, Woodsman
Powers: detect arcana (smell, use Notice); boost/lower Trait, clairvoyance, environmental protection; ISP: 10
Gear: SFD Huntsman Lightweight Personal Armor (+5, +1), Wilk’s 237 Laser Pistol (15/30/60, 2d6+1, AP 4), Wilk’s 447 Laser Rifle (40/80/160, 3d6, AP 2), Vibro-Sword (Str+d10, AP 4, Mega), NG-S2 Survival Pack, 800 credits.
Special:
  • Keen Sense of Smell: Dog Boys have a sense of smell similar to their canine counterparts. They gain a +2 bonus on Notice checks based on smell, as well as +2 on all Tracking rolls.
  • Natural Weapons: Dog Boys bite for Str+d6 damage.
  • Weakness (Ley Line Hypersensitivity): Dog Boys lose their Psychic Sense on or close (within 2” or 4 yards) to a ley line. Ley Line storms cause a level of Fatigue from severe headaches and distress as for a psychic (which does not stack if they have the Arcane Background), but their Fatigue requires an hour to recover after the storm ends.
  • Bio-Regeneration: Awakening certain portions of the brain via the Mind Over Matter implants grants the Crazy a natural healing roll once every 24 hours.
  • Heightened Senses: Crazies gain +2 to Notice and Tracking rolls. They also ignore two points of Range penalties.
  • Super Endurance: Crazies require only half the normal amount of sleep, and gain +4 on all checks to resist Fatigue.
  • Super Reflexes: Crazies have uncanny reflexes, granting them a −2 to be hit as long as they are aware of the attack.
Hero's Journey: Narrative Hook (14 - the Coalition), Training (9 - Woodsman and +1 die Survival & Tracking), Training (15 - one Combat edge, Combat Reflexes), Underworld & Black Ops (7 - I Know A Guy, +2 on Connections rolls), Experience & Wisdom (11 - one Background edge, Fleet-Footed), Psionics (3 - Rapid Recharge)

Blood hound has an astounding ability to follow people, especially if those people leave a scent trail. Tracking one guy that was hiding his trail when he passed through last week, and it's raining right now? Roll wild die and d12+2 (98.6% chance of success, 65.3% chance of a raise). The fact that he's faster than most land vehicles, and potentially faster with the Fast Breed edge (Pace 20, d12 Running), and only needs to rest for four hours each day, means that he will catch up with you, eventually.
The only way to lose him is to completely break your trail with a Rift, or similar effect. With clairvoyance, he can still find you within 60 (or 600) miles. Despite all that, he can pick up your trail if he ever comes across your scent again.
Beating him in a fight is pretty easy, for now. With a few advances, he'll turn into as much of a monster as any other Crazy.

SavageGamerGirl
Legendary

#117 Postby SavageGamerGirl » Fri Nov 18, 2016 2:21 pm

A character I created while learning the rules.

Pinwheel
Pinwheel is the only known name of a female Quick-Flex crazy that literally spun into Castle Refuge and never left. An unusual feedback loop in her shoddily-built M.O.M. headgear seems to affect her equilibrium causing her to constantly feel dizzy. This has convinced her that unless she continues to spin counter-clockwise (presumably in a subconscious effort to offset the dizziness) she will lose contact with the Earth and float off into space. This delusion has also manifested in a marked fear of heights so severe it can affect her performance.
When not taking action Pinwheel is always turning circles; sometimes at a slow pace but other times twirling so fast even her considerable agility cannot compensate and she staggers off in random directions. In combat she uses her unorthodox movement to her advantage spinning through enemies like a top and leaving destruction in her wake.

Strength d8
Agility d12+1
Spirit d6
Smarts d6
Vigor d12

Charisma +0 (-4 vs. Coalition Citizens); Pace 16/d8; Parry 9; Toughness 13 (5)

Skills
Fighting d12
Intimidate d4
Notice d4 (+2)
Psionics d6
Shooting d10 (+2)
Streetwise d4
Throwing d6 (+2)
Tracking d4 (+2)

Edges
AB: Psionics (powers havoc, pummel), Ambidextrous, Quick, Improved Sweep, Two-Fisted

Racial and Framework Abilities
+1 Parry, +2 to Notice and Tracking, −1 Smarts rolls, Bio-Regeneration (natural healing 1/day), Distinctive Appearance (M.O.M. implants), Distinctive D-Bee, Losing It (can go Berserk at will as per the edge, Smarts roll to come down), Need 1/2 as much sleep and +4 to recover from Fatigue, Needs Action, Restricted Path, Super Reflexes (−2 to be hit if aware of the attack)

Hindrances
Clueless (total −3 to Common Knowledge), Loyal (needs to have friends around to keep her from falling off the Earth), Overconfident, Phobia (Major, Not Spinning; I must keep turning circles or I'll fall off the Earth), Phobia (Minor, Heights).

Gear
Typical gear for a Crazy, 10,000 credits

Hero’s Journey
Body Armor (+2 to ranged attacks due to advanced targeting system in helmet)
Close Combat Weapon x2 (+1 damage on vibro-sword, built-in laser 2d6 damage AP 2, 15/30/60, 16 shots))
Training (Combat edge: Sweep)
Booster Jets (strain 1, +4 jump distance)
'But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
'Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: 'we're all mad here.'
The Order of the Dice... OF DOOM!

pkitty
Seasoned

#118 Postby pkitty » Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:55 pm

Even though this was just a silly "let's watch me break the system" build, it still nagged at me that my cyber-heavy build didn't fit the concept. So I just revised Daenerys to get rid of all that. Now, in addition to her five dragons*, she focuses almost entirely on social skills and support spellcasting. With Intimidation d10+2 and Persuasion d10+9 (yes, you read that right), her voice and force of will are probably the scariest thing about her.

Y'know, except for the five dragons*.

Same URL: http://mygurps.com/pics/Daenerys_Tarmunchkin.pdf

* For which I'd like to again state for the record, no sane GM should allow this!

jcobbers
Novice

#119 Postby jcobbers » Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:58 pm

pkitty wrote:Really what it boils down (IMO) to is that yes, there are still benefits to an Arcane character taking Filthy Rich, but it becomes a must-have for anyone focused on cybernetics and/or tech gear.

And I'm okay with that, because, while it's a cheap way to add the equivalent of 5-7 advances to your character, they're all limited by Technical Difficulties just like other gear. Sure, they're much more a part of you than normal gear, but it's still possible for your PC to be captured and lose them to your captors because they had a Cyber-Doc in their crew!

I've noticed the Filthy Rich Edge being taken on a few novice level builds but how do you justify it without taking the Rich or Noble edges first? Even with the Born a Hero setting rule, you have to have the prerequisite edges required, you just get to skip rank requirements. Or am I missing something somewhere? :?

Freemage
Veteran

#120 Postby Freemage » Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:19 am

jcobbers wrote:
pkitty wrote:Really what it boils down (IMO) to is that yes, there are still benefits to an Arcane character taking Filthy Rich, but it becomes a must-have for anyone focused on cybernetics and/or tech gear.

And I'm okay with that, because, while it's a cheap way to add the equivalent of 5-7 advances to your character, they're all limited by Technical Difficulties just like other gear. Sure, they're much more a part of you than normal gear, but it's still possible for your PC to be captured and lose them to your captors because they had a Cyber-Doc in their crew!

I've noticed the Filthy Rich Edge being taken on a few novice level builds but how do you justify it without taking the Rich or Noble edges first? Even with the Born a Hero setting rule, you have to have the prerequisite edges required, you just get to skip rank requirements. Or am I missing something somewhere? :?

Some folks may only be listing the 'final' Edge in a chain. That's fine, so long as you count it as two (or more) Edges, when the effect is simply cumulative.

Return to “SW Pinnacle Licensed Settings”