[SR]Yes you CAN play that...

Information and comments on all Pinnacle licensed Savage Settings. Please note the product with an abbreviation in the Subject line (ex. [SR] for Savage Rifts®, [6G] for The Sixth Gun, [SK] for Solomon Kane, and so on). Note: Licensee settings by 3rd parties are below.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

tigerguy786
Veteran

[SR]Yes you CAN play that...

#1 Postby tigerguy786 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:17 am

Send me your ideas and we'll figure out how we do it! Let's push the limits and see if we actually can do anything in Savage Rifts.
"Well, you do know what those who underestimate tigers always say right?"
"What?"
"They scream, 'Oh god help me I'm being mauled to death by a tiger.'"

Tbone9581
Novice

Re: [SR]Yes you CAN play that...

#2 Postby Tbone9581 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:35 am

In Rifts I loved playing the psi-ghost. They were able to go intangable at will. I was trying to make the character using the MARS personal concept option before looking at an IF. I realize that I am just trying to translate the feeling of the psi-ghost, not convert it directly. so I took arcane background psionics with intangability as one of the powers, plus 2 other powers. I put a mutant trapping on the intangability power that makes it self only but a free action(similair to a number cyberknight powers). My other edge was danger sense. With those two edges and trappings I feel like I got the core of what makes a psi-ghost. What do you and others think of the mutant trapping, or is their another way to go to capture the feel of the psi-ghost. In Palladium Rifts it is the intangability power, presense sense, and psionic powers, that really make up the meat of what a psi-ghost is.

Stonefur
Novice

#3 Postby Stonefur » Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:14 pm

Sphinx...any dragon style IF for playable intelligent monsters and supernaturals.
Fifty pounds of cow manure plus fifty pounds of ice cream equals one hundred pounds of cow manure. :!:

JurneeJakes
Novice

#4 Postby JurneeJakes » Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:53 pm

I have been itching to play a Shemarrian since first seeing them in Sourcebook One.

Alrik_vas
Seasoned

#5 Postby Alrik_vas » Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:05 pm

Demi-God and Godling.

Isawarenshi
Seasoned

#6 Postby Isawarenshi » Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:52 pm

JurneeJakes wrote:I have been itching to play a Shemarrian since first seeing them in Sourcebook One.

OMG yes! Could also work into a general robot IF.

JurneeJakes
Novice

#7 Postby JurneeJakes » Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:18 pm

Isawarenshi wrote:
JurneeJakes wrote:I have been itching to play a Shemarrian since first seeing them in Sourcebook One.

The best rules I've seen so far have been in the Science Fiction Companion, but most GMs I've talked to seem to avoid this book for some reason.

Deskepticon
Veteran

#8 Postby Deskepticon » Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:55 pm

tigerguy786 wrote:Send me your ideas and we'll figure out how we do it! Let's push the limits and see if we actually can do anything in Savage Rifts.

The Bene Gesserit from Frank Herbert's DUNE...
And their counterpart, the Honored Matres.

Mad Paladin
Novice

#9 Postby Mad Paladin » Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:13 pm

Alrik_vas wrote:Demi-God and Godling.

Cosmo-Knight?

Actually, a few things from Phase World and its related stuff would be interesting. The Warlock Marines (magics in power armor!), phase weapons, and the Machine people were always interesting.

I really want to see tattoo magic and True Atlanteans, but I suspect from the Sunaj appearance in Savage Foes, they'll be part of the phase two releases.

Freemage
Veteran

#10 Postby Freemage » Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:55 pm

JurneeJakes wrote:
Isawarenshi wrote:

The best rules I've seen so far have been in the Science Fiction Companion, but most GMs I've talked to seem to avoid this book for some reason.

The rules there are decent as far as they go, but they treat robots like equipment, rather than as PCs. That leaves a fair bit of ground to cover before you get to the end goal. Not impossible ground, mind you--Asimov Circuits could be represented with the Pacifist (Major) and Vow (Minor) Hindrances, for instance. But I think there's still some work to be done.

salcor
Seasoned

#11 Postby salcor » Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:12 am

So my thoughts for the Shemarrian is to use the Bioroid pc race from Interface Zero with either the Combat Cyborg, cybernetic techno-warrior, or the city rat.

Salcor.

Sitting Duck
Legendary

#12 Postby Sitting Duck » Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:54 pm

Mad Paladin wrote:I really want to see tattoo magic and True Atlanteans, but I suspect from the Sunaj appearance in Savage Foes, they'll be part of the phase two releases.

These might do you for now.

https://savagepedia.wikispaces.com/Rift ... ackgrounds

https://savagepedia.wikispaces.com/D-Bees
The rabbit is cuddly. Kids like little cuddly sidekicks. I mean... The rabbit... It's a time-tested... Okay, the rabbit bites.
Blog: http://sittingduck1313.livejournal.com
The Gamer's Codex Reviewer

rocksome
Novice

#13 Postby rocksome » Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:45 pm

I'd love to work out a balanced version of the psi-nullifier (and/or nega-psychic).

I'd also be interested in the Anti-Monster O.C.C (South America) and the Child of Light (England),

Deskepticon
Veteran

#14 Postby Deskepticon » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:40 am

Is this really going to turn into another "let's port Palladium stuff into SR" thread?!

Seems to me that the spirit was to see what kind of crazy stuff can be accomplished... like opening a rift to a cartoon world (a la Roger Rabbit) and things like that.

pendothrax@yahoo.com
Novice

#15 Postby pendothrax@yahoo.com » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:29 am

I have been working on a druid iconic framework and would love to hear someone else's take.

Mifune013
Novice

#16 Postby Mifune013 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:00 am

rocksome wrote:I'd love to work out a balanced version of the psi-nullifier (and/or nega-psychic).

I'd also be interested in the Anti-Monster O.C.C (South America) and the Child of Light (England),
Dude, why not ask for Temporal Raiders while you're at it.

Actually, I'm curious how to build a Shifter. Though, maybe it's better if I just wait, those guys need an iconic framework.

SavageGamerGirl
Legendary

#17 Postby SavageGamerGirl » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:03 am

The Shifter IF is in this free Pinnacle PDF.

https://www.peginc.com/store/savaging-rifts/
'But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
'Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: 'we're all mad here.'
The Order of the Dice... OF DOOM!

Mifune013
Novice

#18 Postby Mifune013 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:16 am

SavageGamerGirl wrote:The Shifter IF is in this free Pinnacle PDF.

https://www.peginc.com/store/savaging-rifts/
OH! Sweet, thanks.

SavageGamerGirl
Legendary

#19 Postby SavageGamerGirl » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:59 pm

Starts at the bottom of pg. 9.

I'm not sure if they always intended to put the Shifter there as an example of how to "convert" an OCC, or if they chose that one in particular because of fan demand, but there ya go. :D
'But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.

'Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: 'we're all mad here.'

The Order of the Dice... OF DOOM!

Sitting Duck
Legendary

#20 Postby Sitting Duck » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:20 pm

pendothrax@yahoo.com wrote:I have been working on a druid iconic framework and would love to hear someone else's take.

IIRC Rifts druids were talisman wielders and potion brewers, so I'd go with Arcane Background (Weird Science) as the base. For their version of the Gadgeteer Edge, replace Repair with Survival.
The rabbit is cuddly. Kids like little cuddly sidekicks. I mean... The rabbit... It's a time-tested... Okay, the rabbit bites.

Blog: http://sittingduck1313.livejournal.com

The Gamer's Codex Reviewer

Return to “SW Pinnacle Licensed Settings”