Savage Rifts - wiki?

Information and comments on all Pinnacle licensed Savage Settings. Please note the product with an abbreviation in the Subject line (ex. [SR] for Savage Rifts®, [6G] for The Sixth Gun, [SK] for Solomon Kane, and so on). Note: Licensee settings by 3rd parties are below.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

pkitty
Seasoned

Savage Rifts - wiki?

#1 Postby pkitty » Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:10 pm

Is there a popularly used wiki for posting SR fan stuff? Google suggested rifts.wikia.com or savagepedia.wikispaces.com, but neither seems to have a lot for Savage Rifts.
Fan of Deadlands, quickly becoming a fan of Savage Rifts.
My Savage Rifts house rules, resources, and sample characters.

ValhallaGH
Legendary

Re: Savage Rifts - wiki?

#2 Postby ValhallaGH » Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:18 pm

pkitty wrote:Is there a popularly used wiki for posting SR fan stuff?

Nope.
Part of the issue is that a lot of what people want to post are conversions of Palladium IP, which is traditionally risky (Palladium usually defends its IP aggressively).
For the home-brew stuff, much of it ends up on these forums. The rest is (generally) scattered across various sites. That said, savagepedia has a decent supply of Savage Rifts material.
"Got a problem? I've got the solution: Rocket Launcher."
"Not against a Servitor."
"... We're all gonna die."

dentris
Veteran

#3 Postby dentris » Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:21 pm

Savagepedia would be the right place. However, I agree some work should be done to create an easy to use Savage Rifts section or something similar. I'm not that good with wiki magic, though, so someone else would be better to tell you how.
But the Voice consoles me and it says: "Keep your dreams;
Wise men do not have such beautiful ones as fools!"
--Baudelaire, Les Fleurs du Mal, 1857, Translated by William Aggeler, 1954

pkitty
Seasoned

#4 Postby pkitty » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:13 pm

ValhallaGH wrote:
pkitty wrote:Is there a popularly used wiki for posting SR fan stuff?

Nope.
Part of the issue is that a lot of what people want to post are conversions of Palladium IP, which is traditionally risky (Palladium usually defends its IP aggressively).
For the home-brew stuff, much of it ends up on these forums. The rest is (generally) scattered across various sites. That said, savagepedia has a decent supply of Savage Rifts material.

Huh. I didn't see any of that because I couldn't even find Rifts under "Savage World Settings." Why on earth is Rifts stuff listed under "Conversions" when that section is for settings that aren't official SW settings??

I guess I'll just stick to posting stuff here and on my LJ.
Fan of Deadlands, quickly becoming a fan of Savage Rifts.
My Savage Rifts house rules, resources, and sample characters.

ValhallaGH
Legendary

#5 Postby ValhallaGH » Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:29 pm

pkitty wrote:Why on earth is Rifts stuff listed under "Conversions" when that section is for settings that aren't official SW settings??

Because most of those are fan conversions from before 2016. Until 2016, savaging Rifts was a Conversion. :lol:
"Got a problem? I've got the solution: Rocket Launcher."
"Not against a Servitor."
"... We're all gonna die."

Sitting Duck
Legendary

#6 Postby Sitting Duck » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:16 am

ValhallaGH wrote:
pkitty wrote:Why on earth is Rifts stuff listed under "Conversions" when that section is for settings that aren't official SW settings??

Because most of those are fan conversions from before 2016. Until 2016, savaging Rifts was a Conversion. :lol:

Also the material in question has not yet received an official Savage conversion, so technically they are conversions. I've moved the link to the Savage Settings page.
The rabbit is cuddly. Kids like little cuddly sidekicks. I mean... The rabbit... It's a time-tested... Okay, the rabbit bites.
Blog: http://sittingduck1313.livejournal.com
The Gamer's Codex Reviewer

Return to “SW Pinnacle Licensed Settings”