Re: Intangible Grenadier

This is the topic for asking questions about how the core rules officially work. Only the official answer guys can reply in this topic. Please read the rules in the first thread.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

Snate56
Legendary

#1 Postby Snate56 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:11 am

In regards to items you carry becoming incorporeal when you do and remaining incorporeal if you throw or drop them, do they then return to corporealty..., corporeallity....., solid when you turn off the power?

If so, this would allow me to toss a grenade through a wall, turn solid, and blow up the next room.

SteveN
"Politicians and diapers must be changed often, and for the same reasons."
>Mark Twain<

Clint
Site Admin

#2 Postby Clint » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:07 am

Snate56 wrote:In regards to items you carry becoming incorporeal when you do and remaining incorporeal if you throw or drop them, do they then return to corporealty..., corporeallity....., solid when you turn off the power?

If so, this would allow me to toss a grenade through a wall, turn solid, and blow up the next room.

Dropping an active power is a free action, so that sequence would require taking an action (turning off the power) in the middle of performing an action (making the grenade attack). So nope, not possible.

Even then, I'd point out the whole concept is based on a particular trapping of Intangibility which would even allow activating a grenade while intangible which none of the listed trappings really do. Activating a grenade requires a chemical reaction which a grenade made of gas, shadow, or ectoplasm wouldn't be capable of. And even if activation was allowed due to a particular trapping, such grenades could only affect other intangible targets.

Bottom line is that an intangible character cannot affect the physical world in any way. Meaning basically that no action the character takes while intangible can affect the "real" world. So even if a delayed explosion was set intangibly, turning off the power would disable the timer, put out the fuse, or whatever, rendering the bomb inert.

Still, that's the baseline power, so trappings might affect that, but such an allowance would be a significant bump to the power's effectiveness requiring an equally significant drawback to balance it. That said, if the character is throwing an intangible explosive into effective "pitch darkness" (a location completely unseen with only a general idea of where to target) which could not only deviate on a horizontal plane but potentially vertically as well (going through a ceiling or floor), well, I might pay good money to see that. :twisted: :wink:
Clint Black
Savage Worlds Core Rules Brand Manager

www.peginc.com

Return to “Official Answers on How the Core Rules Work”